Yoga While Pregnant: Exercises For Pregnant Women
Pregnant yoga exercises help her psychological and physical adaptations to face the different pregnancy stages with the challenges it contains. In the following article, we will learn more about these exercises for pregnant women:
What do yoga exercises for pregnant include?
Yoga exercises for pregnant women may include several paragraphs, including:
- Breathing: Pregnant yoga exercises involve deep breathing in and out through the nose.
- Stretching: Where body parts such as the neck and hands are moved and extended to the fullest extent during yoga.
- Body positions: Various positions are taken while standing, sitting, or lying down using some tools, such as pillows and belts.
- Muscle Relaxation: Yoga exercises for pregnant women include relaxing the muscles and restoring a normal breathing rate and heartbeat.
This might be interesting to you: Best Yoga Mat: Thick & Foamy
Benefits of yoga exercises for pregnant women
Doing yoga exercises during pregnancy offers many benefits, including:
- Increase muscle strength and flexibility
Some yoga exercises for pregnant women help stretch the main muscles and increase their strength, contributing to increasing endurance and flexibility, which facilitates childbirth.
- Reducing the feeling of stress and anxiety
Yoga uses various techniques, such as deep breathing, which helps relax, improve mood, and reduce anxiety, stress, and depression.
This also contributes to improving the sleep of the pregnant woman.
- Reducing some symptoms of pregnancy
Pregnant yoga exercises help reduce some of the unpleasant symptoms that accompany pregnancy, such as back pain, headache, shortness of breath, and nausea.
- Pelvic floor strengthening
Pregnant yoga exercises often include pelvic floor muscle strengthening exercises that help reduce accidental urine leakage during pregnancy and after childbirth.
Safe yoga exercises for pregnant women
There are several pregnant yoga exercises for pregnant women, such as hip-opening positions, lateral extension, and various standing positions. Among these positions, we mention the following:
- First Warrior Pose
The Warrior pose helps tighten the chest muscles, straighten the leg muscles, straighten the spine, and increase the space for a developing fetus. To do this pose correctly, you must follow the following steps:
- Feet wide apart, using the left foot as a bypass axis, and directing the right foot forward.
- Push the pelvis down while looking forward and raise the arms to the top of the head.
- Hold the same position for as long as possible, then repeat the position by switching feet.
- Pose for cobblers
The cobbler pose improves blood flow, promotes a healthy reproductive system, and opens the pelvis, facilitating the birth process. To do this, you must follow the following steps:
- Sit up and stretch your legs forward.
- Bend the knees with feet rounded halfway, straightening the back.
- Hold the feet for a few seconds using the hands.
- When done, the movement is repeated 4 times.
- The posture of the corpse
This exercise position for pregnant women aims to relax the body, calm the breath, and instantly boost the pregnant energy to get rid of various pain.
Learn more: Your guide to practicing yoga
To do it, you must follow the following steps:
- Lie on your back, arms extended to the side of your body, palms up.
- Close eyes, relax your hands and breathe.
The tree pose helps balance, strengthen the leg muscles, and reduce back pain.
To properly position the tree, you must follow the following steps:
- Put the feet on the floor, and convert your body weight to one foot.
- Raise the second foot to the inner thigh.
- Putting hands in the position of supplication while maintaining this position for more than five breaths.
- Repeat the same steps with alternating feet.
Meditation helps relieve stress and anxiety associated with pregnancy.
Read Also: Are yoga and Pilates effective exercises.
Unsafe yoga exercises for pregnant women
Some exercises are not suitable for pregnant women, including:
- Excessive stretching: Excessivestretching during pregnancy may cause various damages, such as the tight ligament.
- Deep bends: Deepbends during pregnancy can put pressure on the internal organs.
- Jumping: jumping should be avoided, especially during the early stages of pregnancy; As it may expose the pregnant woman to the risk of removing the fertilized egg from the womb.
- Lying on the stomach: Lying on the stomach might put pressure on the fetus.
- Other exercises: Other exercises should be avoided when doing yoga exercises for pregnant, such as rapid breathing, turning the body upside down, bending them back, various abdominal exercises, and hot yoga.
This might be interesting to you: Foam Roller Yoga: 30 cm and 3 Colors
Tips before starting yoga exercises for pregnant women
Before doing yoga exercises for pregnant women, you must follow some tips, including:
- A doctor should be consulted before starting yoga exercises during pregnancy.
- Keeping the body cool and hydrated and making sure not to stress.
- Do the yoga movements steady and slowly, and breathe properly.
- Avoid making unsafe movements during pregnancy.
This could also be of interest to you: How to get rid of gas: exercises to help you